What do "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", "Grapes of Wrath", "Twilight" and "The Lord of the Rings" have in common? They've all been targeted for removal from some libraries and schools.
This week is the 30th annual Banned Books Week. Here are the books from last year that were the most "challenged":
- ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
- The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
- The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
- My Mom's Having A Baby! A Kid's Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
- Alice (series), by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones
- Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily Von Ziegesar
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Has your favorite book ever been banned? Click here to go to bannedbooksweek.org and see some of the other books that have been challenged by those in authority. I've read many of them!