- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) Cream Cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup heavy Whipping Cream,whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, butter, and brown sugar. Transfer to a 13" X 9" baking pan. Bake at 375º for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside 1 cup crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9" pie pan, firmly pressing onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Gently fold whipped cream into the pie filling; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.